Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Month I Write With Literary Abandon

   
November is National Novel Writing Month and I am right in the thick of it!
     Thirty days and fifty thousand words later, (beginning on November 1st and ending November 30th) I should have a completed first draft of a novel. That is the whole idea behind National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo for short.  This year I decided to become a participant and so far I am enjoying the journey.  As of the writing of this post, I have a total of 18,340 words written and backed up on a thumb drive and printed out.  I cringe to think of trying to recreate what I have written if, by some catastrophic reason, I lost part, most, or [gasp] all of the material I've produced so far.
     Another part of the NaNoWriMo challenge is to write with no thought to editing.  Just write, write, write. All the editing one will require is to be looked to after November has ended.  As I write this blog post, I am indulging my inner editor because in a few minutes, she is going to be put away again until December!
     So, write on, WriMos, wherever you are.  Write on.  Write with complete literary abandon.  Write knowing you can erase, change, throw out, rearrange, correct spelling and grammar, plus a gazillion other things starting in December.  Your inner editor will be too busy to complain.  Here's to the 50,000-word finish line by midnight November 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment