Tuesday, November 27, 2012

And the Winner is...

   
    Doesn't it feel great to cross a finish line?  Yes it does!  And that is exactly what I have been able to do today in the National Novel Writing Month challenge.
     Thirty days, fifty thousand words, zero excuses.  At least, that's what everyone hopes for.  And I did it!!  [uncontrollable giggle].  It almost makes me want to break out in song and do a happy dance!
     It has truly been an epic journey for me since I have never written anything on this magnitude before (except for my own personal journals, and I'm not sure that counts as the same thing).
     With four days that amounted to zero words written, a sinus infection striking me one week before Thanksgiving, plus the Thanksgiving holiday itself where we had three additional people come join us (one unexpectedly nearly at the last minute) I was starting to be concerned whether I would meet the deadline by midnight November 30th.  As soon as the Thanksgiving holiday was over (which coincided with me feeling better sickness-wise, but wiped out activity-wise) I knew I really had to punch it if I was going to finish on time.
     If I hadn't, the world would not have come to a crashing end.  Life would still have gone on with me plodding on to the conclusion of my novel draft.  But something kept nagging at me to finish it by or before midnight on the 30th.  I guess I just didn't want any left-over writing to still be hanging around so that I could let the novel marinate for two or three weeks before starting the editing process.
     Whew!
     Glad I'll be able to put the inner editor to work next month.  She'll be happy to finally get her hands on the first draft with her handy-dandy red ink pen and start the job she's been so anxiously waiting for.
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment